Unfolding

Photo by Tyla Harrington


...I remember the moment in time I decided to bite my tongue and mask myself with a smile. That particular curve was the guardian and quite frankly the inhibitor of my natural and instinctive way of expression.

I saw that maybe what feels natural to me isn't the norm and at once, I folded myself into suppressed layers of silent shame and sucked the breathe out of my soul so I could fit into this glorified and mundane box of sameness.

It simply hand't occurred to me that I was all I would ever need. And that by coloring myself invisible, I had not only done myself a great injustice, but the world at large.

When I float atop the notion of  "it's bigger than me", my hiding spot seems so contradictory that it dissolves and my truth is deliberately exposed.

Maya

Comments

Popular Posts