Tragedies - faith - energy - the mind

Ah, here we are again. The troubles of this world have made it to the forefront of the social media headlines. I log on this morning quickly to fb (admittedly out of habit and for no real reason) and there we have it: another mass shooting in Las Vegas. (I think. I literally took one glance and then logged out so I could have a detail or two wrong.) But the point stands that another traumatic and potentially fatal event has allegedly (the word choice of allegedly derives from the conspiracy monger in the very corner of my mind. No disrespect to any actual real victims) transpired feeding our despair, panic, and confusion about the state of the world right now.

This is seemingly cyclic and never-ending. It's disappointing and even though many of our American lives are relatively comfortable, I think we all have reserved cautious as to whether we will end up at the "wrong place at the wrong time" and end up a victim of the next social media headlined tragedy.

Truth stands that there are and has been tragedies occurring across the globe long before it became in our immediate knowing. That's not to take away from anything that is happening and any real people being affected by this (which is all of us because we're connected) it's just to put things into perspective.

I feel we're being force-fed tragedies. Mental health, emotional manipulation, and energy siphoning is a real thing and whether we feel like we're staying current and up to date, keeping our prayers up, and sharing important information, I believe (especially for myself, at the very least) that it takes a toll. It can put a dent in faith or strengthen it or both.

I know for me, sometimes I get these lower thoughts that I shouldn't focus on pursuing anything such as my career and writing this book or even love because well, I don't know, we're all going to be dead or forced to live in conditions that are not pleasant. We're going to be under a dictatorship and have no real say so and free will. So on and so forth. It can on forever.

Mental health is a theme of the book I've recently learned through more writing and book structuring. It affects us on many levels. It is a real thing and an innumerous amount of us silently (and sometimes not so silently) suffer from it.

Right now, I have to take my mind back. Through God, careful and intentional prayer, studies and focuses I've been able to start rendering effective outcomes. I don't spend too much time on social media. I always have that urge to completely remove myself as I've done in the past but it is a tool nonetheless and it's up to you how to use. Social Media has been a blessing and a platform for many careers and businesses and that's honestly beautiful.

But right now, it's really not in my best interest to rely on anything other than the guidance of the Most High. I've been able to really isolate my values and views on the world. On myself and not allow any interferences to taint the direction I've been gifted.

I wasn't planning on writing about this but hey, here it is. I'll have a couple more blogs later about things I was intending to share.

All in all, there are beautiful transformations taking place in this world every second and I'm blessed to be able to experience whatever I've been brought here to experience.

Later,
Maya

Comments

Popular Posts