Why am I hopeful?

I thought I'd be doing better by now. That I'd been able to stop playing the same scene over and over again in my head. Figuring out what went wrong. Where I could have done things differently. How I wished I listened to my heart and not been so confused about things. Not been so pleasing to everyone spreading myself thin.

I know. We learn and we grow. But I'm disappointed in myself for I believe that lesson was already explained to me. How could I have left myself susceptible to manipulation again? And even with me thinking I did the right thing, setting the record straight and all, it still ended up doing exactly what I intended for it not.

I was adamant on letting nothing come between our love and yet, I seemed to have left it open anyway.

I've given up on hoping I'll feel better sooner. I accept the grievance. I'm still hopeful yet I don't know why at this point.

Comments

Popular Posts